Thursday, February 25, 2021

Glass Museum

One of my main struggles for this project is coming up with a cohesive storyline. I have ideas for the atmosphere, music, overall visuals, and some specific shots, but no real way to link them together. I decided to write down and plan out some of those specific shots, so that I have them all in one place, and maybe from there I can brainstorm how to connect them.


The first of these shots I'd like to include is one taken from a car / distance, zoomed in a bit. It shows a group of kids playing or otherwise walking around a neighborhood, familiar with their environment. This will establish setting and show detachment from the setting since it's a wide shot zoomed in from far away. The second is a shot of the main character walking through a mostly empty house, maybe moving between rooms with the camera 'passing through a wall' if I can rig up some kind of dolly so it moves smoothly. The third is the character sitting on the floor having a short phone conversation with her mom, but I don't think it'll make it to the full opening, depending on if I'm going for more of a 'montage' feel or a full storyline. Finally, I also want to include a close-up of the character in the car looking at the passing surroundings to further establish everything I talked about in the first shot. Also a direct nod to Brown Bunny (2003), which I know I should probably shut up about someday.


post titled after this song




No comments:

Post a Comment

Done!; My Project

 Well, here it is. Not much else to say, this was a pretty fun experience and a lot of hard work. no 'post titled after' today, but ...