Saturday, February 27, 2021

Caboose

Finally settled on the 'plot' of my opening! *celebrates*

I decided to go with more of a montage type thing instead of something fully narrative. Like I brainstormed in my last post, I cut out the phone call part and tried to make the other shots I had flow with some new ones. Generally wanted to focus on conveying the feeling of being in a new place, with some aspects of familiarity.

The shots I kept in from my first round of shot planning were the car window close-up (just had to), the kids in the street, and moving from one room to another with the dolly. After that, I moved fully into the new house and introduced my cat as a character to portray a sense of familiarity. Carrying that sense further, I wanted to add in some close-ups of the boxes and their contents, kind of carrying aspects of home into the new place. I also want to include some nature shots of my backyard, basically for the same reason as the kids-in-the-street shot, and also because it looks nice. Also want to include some small artifact like a necklace that the character is seen touching (perhaps throughout the film, which would be good if I introduce it in the opening) to play on the coming-of-age convention of having a prop represent the character. For the credits, I wanted to have them in the sky to reflect the haziness I want to evoke throughout.

post titled after this song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done!; My Project

 Well, here it is. Not much else to say, this was a pretty fun experience and a lot of hard work. no 'post titled after' today, but ...