Friday, March 5, 2021

Doe Deer

After making those changes to the storyboard in my last post, I began shooting inside my house.

I got some of the shots that took place inside my room, the ones of the main character sitting on the bed and playing around with the necklace. It took a while to get the framing right and I might re-film with my actual camera (I used my phone, just wanted to get a sense of how it would be to practicalize the storyboarding I've done) to make the shots look better. I also got some nice recordings of my backyard and a rainy window with some extra sound recording in case the sound from the videos didn't sound good enough.

Something that's come up as a concern now is lighting ... I could do some color-correction on the video software I have and I generally want to go for something warm and natural but I don't know how good everything will look once I shoot it. I'll have to experiment between the phone, the camera, window lighting vs room lighting etc. and work it out.


Here are some stills that I thought were decent, especially the first shot. The color looks fine too, I want to continue with similar grading and palettes but I think that's something to worry about at the end once I actually have the footage done.

post titled after this song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done!; My Project

 Well, here it is. Not much else to say, this was a pretty fun experience and a lot of hard work. no 'post titled after' today, but ...