Saturday, March 6, 2021

Machines

After shooting some footage I decided to set up an editing timeline in my video editor to get a sense of how long to make each shot. I drew some rudimentary sketches of each shot on my phone and imported them to my computer along with the footage I actually shot and put them over the song I chose to use.


This is what the timeline looks like with the sketch shots replacing the shots in my storyboard that I haven't filmed yet. I also replaced the sound in one clip with the extra rain sounds that I recorded in case the sound in the video itself was too quiet (which it was).

I've also been practicing how to use my editing software so that when I have more footage I can put it together easily. I think doing a little bit of everything right now instead of focusing on each step individuality will help in the long run.

Now that I've had time to stare at the footage I shot while 'editing' it, I definitely want to try to reshoot over the week. I wasn't able to shoot anything today as I had other stuff to work on but reshooting and getting new footage shouldn't be too hard with all the planning I've done and now that I have a better idea of how I want stuff to look, I guess.

I started some color correction on the footage I already have, in case I for some reason want to keep it after reshoots. the software I have has some cool color correction stuff, with lighting levels and a white-replacement option and RBG curves and stuff. I want to go for a really tan-brown look, but still more cool than warm. Something that feels really wintery. 



Here's a before and after playing around with the color settings. I can definitely do better, though, and I'll keep practicing so that I can get my final footage looking how I want.

post titled after this song


No comments:

Post a Comment

Done!; My Project

 Well, here it is. Not much else to say, this was a pretty fun experience and a lot of hard work. no 'post titled after' today, but ...