Friday, March 12, 2021

Cradle

So the editing software I was using decided to stop working for some reason. Had it on my computer since like ... 2016? And it just doesn't open anymore? So I installed Davinci Resolve, no problem, I'm gonna redo that outline template thing with the pictures that I had before so I can keep working and inserting new clips.

In the meantime, I got out the camera that my mom gave me a few Christmases ago. I never got around to using it for anything, and decided that this project would be a good opportunity! It's a Canon Rebel T1i and comes with two lenses. It took a while for me to figure out how to shoot video on it but once I did I used the 55mm lens to shoot some stuff in an area of my house with a cool mirror.

Although I did figure out how to record, I still don't really get the exposure settings on this camera. Some shots / parts of them looked good but others were way too dark. I guess I'll fix it in post but I'm worried it'll look weird and grainy.

I also want to retake the shots of me in my bedroom and fix up the framing and stuff. It's hard to plan that out with the camera since there's no viewfinder so I have to trial-and-error it. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. 

post titled after this song; Ten Mile Point is now on Spotify, shameless plug for my friend, woohoo !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done!; My Project

 Well, here it is. Not much else to say, this was a pretty fun experience and a lot of hard work. no 'post titled after' today, but ...